Šta je novo?

Beoculinaria - kuvanje, hrana, recepti i sl.

Philips Design’s ‘Food Probe’ Promotes Healthy Eating With 3 Concepts
by Olivia Chen, 10/28/09

foodprobe6.jpg

Home Farming

Pesticides. Genetic-modification. Mistreated animals. It could just about kill anyone’s appetite to hear about all the horrible news about food production. Fortunately, the emerging food revolution focuses on both health and re-establishing the connection between people and the food they eat (making it harder to abuse our food sources). Designers are both leading and answering this shift in interest. Philips Design has begun an investigation called ‘Food Probe’ that looks at current social trends and how this may affect the way that people will eat in the future — and how this will manifest in design. Their investigation includes three parts: a self-contained farm for the kitchen, a nutrition farm and a high-tech cooking device.

foodprobe1.jpg

Diagnostic Kitchen

‘Home Farming’ is arguably the most interesting part of this investigation, in part because it seems the least foreign, with a less-techy version already in existence. The unit is a self-contained and self-reliant food growing unit that combines hydroponics and aquaculture, otherwise known as aquaponics. Its cabinet-like shape contains room for ’shelves’ for planting vegetable and herbs, and a bottom level for fish, making this tech-gardening device ready to fit snugly into any home and a possible replacement for its backyard version.

Aquaponics is the combination of aquaculture (fish farming) and hydroponics (soilless plant culture). In aquaponics, the nutrient-rich water that results from raising fish provides a source of natural fertilizer for the growing plants. As the plants consume the nutrients, they help to purify the water that the fish live in. A natural microbial process keeps both the fish and plants healthy and helps sustain an environment in which they both can thrive. Essentially, aquaponics is organic gardening, but without the dirt. – Aquaponics.com

While I admit that I understand little about the inner-workings of the nutrition monitor and high-tech cooking device, the idea that we could gain personalized insight into our nutritional needs is a promising prospect for achieving a healthier society, especially considering that the cooking device would be able to re-mix foods into different consistencies that could mimic a completely different type of food.

Philips Design has recognized that the re-structuring the way we grow and consume food over the next 15-20 years is a serious one, and with their Food Probe, have presented us with a three-pronged approach to food systems of the future.

foodprobe4.jpg

foodprobe3.jpg

foodprobe2.jpg

Izvor: Inhabitat
http://www.inhabitat.com/2009/10/28/philips-design-food-probe/

dezeen
architecture and design magazine

Food Probe by Philips Design

September 8th, 2009

dzn_philips_food_probe_sq.jpg

Philips Design in Eindhoven have designed a series of conceptual products for food, including a machine (below) that prints combinations of ingredients into shapes and consistencies specified by the user (above).

sqfood-probe-by-philips-des.jpg

The device, akin to a rapid prototyping machine for food, was conceived as part of the company’s Design Probes scheme, which investigates how we may live in 15-20 years’ time.

food-probe-by-philips-design-4.jpg

Foods would be constructed from ingredients corresponding to the nutritional needs of the user, using a similar process to rapid prototyping.

food-probe-by-philips-design-19.jpg

It could be used in conjunction with two other innovations envisaged as part of the same project: a scanning wand for analysing the user’s individual nutritional needs and the nutritional value of food items, and a system for farming in the home.

food-probe-by-philips-design-16.jpg

Here’s some more information from Philips Design:

Info On Project

Philips Design’s ongoing design probes program has been further extended with three explorations into the area of food.

food-probe-by-philips-design-7.jpg

These projects – Diagnostic Kitchen, Food Creation and Home Farming – take a provocative and unconventional look at areas that could have a profound effect on the way we eat and source our food 15-20 years from now.

food-probe-by-philips-design-3.jpg

New ways of looking at food

“We were very interested in new ways of looking at what we eat and the processes that food undergoes before we consume it,” says Clive van Heerden, Senior Director of design-led innovation at Philips Design.

food-probe-by-philips-design-23.jpg

These investigations took into consideration wider societal trends like the shift in emphasis from curative to prevent medicine, the growth in popularity of organic ingredients, genetic modification, land use patterns in growing food, the threat of serious food shortages and rising food prices.

food-probe-by-philips-design-2.jpg

Three interlinked areas of exploration were identified: the Diagnostic Kitchen, Food Creation and Home Farming.

food-probe-by-philips-design-17.jpg

Proper analysis of our diets

The Diagnostic Kitchen concept allows people to take an accurate and personally relevant look at what they eat. Rather than relying on general information like ‘recommended daily intake’ it becomes possible to scan food and analyze how well its contents match your current needs.

food-probe-by-philips-design-5.jpg

By using the Nutrition monitor, consisting of a scanning ‘wand’ and swallowable sensor, you could, for example, determine exactly how much you should eat to match your digestive health and nutritional requirements.

food-probe-by-philips-design-12.jpg

It would also be possible to use the monitor to analyze food in the shops before deciding what to buy.

food-prode-by-philips-desig.jpg

All of this would obviously be of enormous benefit for those trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

food-probe-by-philips-design-10.jpg

Food printing

The second exploration area, Food Creation, has been inspired by the so-called ‘molecular gastronomists.’ These chefs deconstruct food and then reassemble it in completely different ways, so for instance you could be served carrot as foam or parmesan cheese as a strand of spaghetti.

food-probe-by-philips-design-9.jpg

“We wanted to examine how you could take this idea further in the domestic environment” says van Heerden. This led to the concept of a Food printer, which would essentially accept various edible ingredients and then combine and ‘print’ them in the desired shape and consistency, in much the same way as stereolithographic printers create 3-D representations of product concepts.

food-probe-by-philips-design-11.jpg

The nutritional value and relevance of what was being ‘printed’ could also be adjusted based on input from the diagnostic kitchen’s nutrition monitor.

Growing food in the living room

Home Farming, as the name suggests, explores growing at least part of your daily food inside your house. “People are increasingly concerned about how their food has been manipulated and processed, genetic modification, global shortages, environmental degradation through monoculture, the distance food travels before reaching their plates and many other related issues,” says van Heerden.

food-probe-by-philips-design-21.jpg

“One way of addressing such legitimate concerns is to source the food yourself by having a biosphere in your living room.” This Biosphere home farm contains fish, crustaceans, algae, plants and other mini-ecosystems, all interdependent and in balance with each other. Making families all over the world at least partly self-sufficient in this way has obvious appeal.

food-probe-by-philips-design-20.jpg

Stimulating discussion

The intention, as with all probe programs, is to elicit reaction and provoke discussion which can be used to further refine the ideas.

About the probes program

The Philips Design probes program is a unique foresighting initiative which tracks emerging developments in five main areas – politics, economics, environment, technology and culture. The outcomes of this ‘far-future’ research are used to identify systemic shifts that could affect business in years to come and that could lead to new areas in which to develop intellectual property.

food-probe-by-philips-design-22.jpg

Izvor:Dezeen
http://www.dezeen.com/2009/09/08/food-probe-by-philips-design/

Spremanje hrane u stilu Star Treka sada više ne deluje nemoguće, zar ne? Još par koraka. Na kraju najbolja jela npr. Džejmija Olivera će biti snimljena, analizirana i pretvorena u niz nula i jedinica. Negovo majstorstvo (kao i ostalih miliona kuvara) će postati deo kulturne baštine čovečanstva.

Low-Energy Laser Etching Could Replace Annoying Fruit Labels
by Ariel Schwartz, 11/04/09

laserlable-ed01.jpg

How many times have you bit into a piece of fruit only to find that you’re also chomping on a sticker label? The small yet wasteful labels have long been the bane of waste-conscious fruit and vegetable eaters, but that might all change thanks to new technology that uses a low-energy carbon dioxide laser beam to etch information directly onto produce. No more peeling those annoying labels!

laserlable-ed02.jpg

The laser-labeling system is being advertised as a non-intrusive, tamper-proof method of labeling fruit. So far, it is being used on a number of fruits and vegetables in New Zealand, Australia, and Pacific Rim countries. Once the technology is approved in the U.S., researchers from the University of Florida and the USDA Agricultural Research Service hope that it will be used in Florida’s massive grapefruit industry.

In recent tests, the research team found that laser-labeled Ruby Red grapefruits showed no increase in decay or water loss compared to their sticker-labeled counterparts. The grapefruit also remained free of pathogens–meaning the laser-etching doesn’t provide a new entry point for germs.

The FDA is already in the final stages of approving the system. Now that researchers have confirmed the technology’s effectiveness on citrus fruit, you might be pleasantly surprised to see your morning grapefruits and oranges having laser-etched seals instead of stickers in the very near future.

Izvor:Inhabitat
http://www.inhabitat.com/2009/11/04...uld-replace-annoying-fruit-labels/#more-69646

Evo za sladokusce i ljubitelje dobre klope nasao sam jedan svez ali odlican sajt sa receptima za pripremu klope.

http://www.bakinkuvar.com/

Od mene zasada pohvale pogotovo na koncept (klopa na brzaka i sl.. )koji ce se nadam se razvijati ;)

Prijatno :kk:

Ahhh, puste zelje pusti sni :D Ja da pojedem ovo o cemu vi pricate moj blood pressure chart bi bio u nebesima a merac pritiska eksplodirao :D Ima li neko neke kul recepte za nas nesrecnike sto ne smemo da jedemo nista sto normalan svet sme? :D ok znam, ne smem slano, ne smem masno, ali bih volela neke konkretne recepte da nadjem... na stranim sajtovima ima dosta toga ali mahom zahtevaju da imate mleko crnog nosoroga i zacin koji svi imamo u kuci- suze device sa Himalaja :D

Za ovu vrstu "nekropostovanja" se na pojedinim forumima kažnjavalo trajnim banom :D
Tema je poslednji put bila aktuelna pre nepunih 8 godina.

Šalu na stranu, Milice, dobro nam došla na Beobuild. Ne znam koliko ćeš sreće imati sa traženjem zdrave ishrane sada na početku sezone slava.

hahahahahhahaha sorry :D nisam bila svesna toga, dobro ste mi rekli da znam za ubuduce :)

Nije ovo "jedan od tih" foruma. Kao što sam rekao, dobro nam došla i dobro je što je neko oživeo temu "sa ukusom" :D

Da se pohvalim jednim svojim eksperimentom. :gobb:
Pošto sam neko vreme spremao Tonkatsu, što je japanska varijanta bečke šnicle, sada sam uveo jednu novinu, a to je da mariniram meso pre nego što krenem da ga pržim.
Recept:
Govedinu/svinjetinu iseći na tanke šnicle, premazati senfom, preliti soja i Worcester sosom i posuti šećerom - može da se stavi i malo rakije;
Oljuštiti đumbir, kivi, kake jabuku (a može i obična, kao i kruška), beli luk , peršun i nanu, sve staviti u multipraktik, sve dok ne postane skoro tečno;
Dobro pomešati to sa mesom i staviti u frižider na dva ili tri dana, što duže to bolje, da meso poprimi ukus.

Posle dobro očistiti šnicle od marinade i staviti u brašno, umućeno jaje i na kraju prezle. Posle staviti u fritezu ili ispržiti u tiganju.

Za one koji ne smeju masno, marinirano meso može i da se sprži na roštilju, bez ulja, što praktično postaje bulgogi, korejski roštilj o kome sam već pisao. Može i u tiganju, koristeći grožđano ulje.

Voila!

Vrh